Workshops for Schools and Colleges
Persuasion Arts offer disability awareness / equality workshops which are suitable for schools / college students aged 10 and above.
Persuasion Arts work with teachers before we come in, to ensure that the sessions meet national curriculum / topic requirements.
Persuasion Arts diversity workshops:
- Run for two hours in length
- Introduce the Social Model of Disability and different forms of impairment
- Tackle issues of bullying both in and out of school/at work and in the wider community.
- Use our personal stories and forum theatre techniques to explore negative perceptions and find positive outcomes
- Provide opportunities for students to share their experiences through story telling and role-play in a safe and secure environment
There is the possibility of extending / splitting the workshop into two one hour slots. Please get in touch for a detailed price guide and to chat about how we can make it work for you.
What people say:
“Thank you for inspiring us”
“ I enjoyed it all of the time”
“Thank you for helping us”
Year 7 Students, Oakmead School, March 2012. Tam and Paul worked on this project with State of Play Arts